Copa Beachside for Family Holidays
Why is Copa Beachside for Family Holidays the very best Holiday spot for Family and Pets??
At a Glance
- Copa Beachside Accommodation is in the most enviable position.
- Private Annex connected to but separate from Main House.
- House and property have recently been totally refurbished.
- Copa Beachside sleeps 10 adults plus bunk beds for 3 children. Air-conditioned throughout.
- Ideal for Indoor/Outdoor entertainment.
- Includes free Wi Fi, UHD Smart TV, Netflix, SBSondemand etc. and TVs in two other viewing rooms.
- Very Affordable.
- Pet Friendly.
- More like a Resort than a Holiday Home. Small row boat, surfboards, boogey boards and stand-up paddle board and life vests included.
- Bedroom on ground floor and two step access for the elderly.
- Provides Pet Friendly accommodation.
- This site always cheaper because of the absence of commissions.
- Copa Beachside is situated on flat land adjacent to the Cochrane Lagoon. This is an exciting place for young children, a handy place to launch a small boat or canoe, ideal for feeding the ducks and is absolutely Pet Friendly .
- The shops, main beachfront and rock pool are only a short flat walk away. Past the Lagoon is Macmasters Beach. There is no need to drive.
- This is a sunny area with backyard lawns and decks but with sufficient shade for summer. In addition it is protected from the onshore winds, noise and parking problems associated with the main beachfront.
- The whole Central Coast accommodation area is only one hour’s drive from the northern Sydney suburbs.
- Copa Beachside has a main two level residence connected by a covered walkway to a private Annex. The latter is invaluable for families with young children or for the elderly.
- Both residences have been completely refurbished with a modern kitchen, completely repainted, floors and decks redone and new blinds etc. Copa Beachside is situated on flat land adjacent to the Cochrane Lagoon.
- There are two large outside decks. One of these is covered and has fans for those hot days in summer. Truly an ideal place for summer entertainment.
- Inside and outside tables seat 10 people.
- A fully enclosed back yard, with lawn, is a safe place for children’s sports and pets (a 400M off-leash Pet Friendly dog exercising area is available on the main beach).
- Sleeping 10 adults with a further three bunkbeds for children allows a family and friends to holiday together. In addition there is a fold out sofa in Morson’s Hut (electricity and heating – no facilities) for unexpected overnight guests (favoured accommodation for our younger members).
Inclusions at Copa Beachside
- Free Wi Fi is available in both residences.
- There are 3 TV viewing areas to help avoid generation conflict with channels and DVDs. The main living room has a modern UHD Smart TV including Netflix.
- Boogey Boards, Surf Boards, stand-up Paddle Board and a small rowing Dinghy (with life jackets) are provided.
- This is a new website for Copa Beachside Family Holidays. Click Here to see previous excellent reviews.
- Also enjoy reading a review of Copa Beachside by Jacqui Taffel in Traveller.com (2011).
Even More Detail if required.
Families with children of all ages find the area fabulous, particularly because of the proximity to the lagoon and the ducks. The area is Pet Friendly (property fully enclosed for safety of children and pets) and close to the Lagoon and Beach where pets are allowed. You will appreciate the closeness and convenience of the Copacabana beach shops. Most of our renters comprise large families or a combination of families and are frequently return clients!
Description of Copa Beachside for Family Holidays.
Historically one of the most popular holiday houses, this residence(s) has undergone extensive renovation over the past year and is now available for rental.
Looking like a beach hut from the front Copa Beachside opens like a well kept secret leading to a tropical courtyard. Protected from summer heat by a shade awning and overhead fans is a large entertainment deck. Reverse cycle air-conditioning helps control the heat inside.
The elderly can easily access the property since there are only two steps into the main house. This provides direct access to both bedrooms and toilets.
The “big house” gives a spacious feeling because of an open plan design. Enjoy the very functional, modern, family oriented kitchen with amenities including dishwasher, island bench and gas cooking. To make it even more appealing and functional the kitchen has just been modernised. The large indoor dining table seats 10 guests. An outside verandah has similar seating. Blue Ray players are provided for your convenience as are UHD TVs, Wi FI and laundry facilities. You will find bathrooms upstairs, downstairs and in the Annex. Off the walkway is an enclosed heated shower.
Copa Beachside Annex
The annex, because of its seclusion, is perfect for parents who want to escape the noise or as a “getaway” for couples with babies. It contains a queen sized bed, shower/toilet, lounge room with padded wall benches and a HD TV plus DVD Player. There is a refrigerator and basic kitchen facilities with microwave but not including a hot-plate or oven. It opens onto a large deck overlooking the lawn.
BR1 – Main house downstairs has a queen sized bed and a fan.
BR2 – Main house upstairs has a queen sized bed, balcony and fan
BR3 – Main house upstairs has a queen sized bed, two children’s bunks, fan and a balcony.
BR4 – Main house upstairs rumpus room/entertainment area has a fold out sofa double bed and air conditioning.
BR5 – Annex has a queen bed, bathroom, a mini kitchen and a full sized refrigerator. This area also has air-conditioning and fans.
Overflow – Backyard Cabin has a slide out bunk bed but no facilities except for electricity and heating.
An orchestra of birdsong from the surrounding trees serenades you in the mornings. The hot shower, fans, barbeque and thoughtful decoration make the outdoor area the entertaining focus of the house. A bush turkey or possum occasionally intrudes into the private area. Dogs are able to run around the backyard and sometimes chase an intrusive bush turkey – very pet friendly.
Free Wi Fi and UHD TV are present in both the main house and annex. You have free use of a printer situated in Morson’s Hut
All doonas and pillows are provided. This property does not include linen however you can but arrange for them when you book. Included in the packs are flat sheets, pillow slips, bath towels, face washers, bath mats and hand towels. The Studio and House have a security alarm. An enclosed back-yard with a childproof gate enhances the security and safety of children and pets.
Included are Boogey boards, small row-boat, a stand-up paddle board as well as many games.
Copa Beachside for Family Holidays is for holiday purposes only – each booking requires a Guest Registration Form and is subject to our Terms and Conditions. We need to respect the rights of neighbours. Therefore bucks-nights and hens-parties are not allowed. Smoking is not allowed. Two nights minimum stay. Pets are allowed (pet friendly).
Location and Local Facilities
Getting to Copa Beachside for Family Holidays
Copa Beachside is little more than 1 hour’s drive from northern Sydney. Because of the proximity to the lagoon, Copacabana beach and shops you don’t need to use your car unless travelling out of the area. You can enjoy a flat walk to Cochrane Lagoon, the surf or even to the adjoining beach at Macmasters. Usually you can dine outside during the day and/or in the evening. This is because the area is sheltered from stiff ocean breezes. Likewise you can cross the road at sunset and comfortable enjoy an evening drink while watching the sun set and the children feeding the ducks.
Shops close to Copa Beachside
The Copacabana shops have most of your essentials. Make use of the mini market, ice cream shop, bottle shop and news agency with post office. You may also appreciate the four local coffee shops. A new discount chemist and medical centre is our latest “boon”. Check out the new Lady Pizzeria e birro for a dinner alternative.
Copa Beachside for Family Holidays – Playing in Cochrane Lagoon and Children’s Fun
Take your younger children to the Copacabana skateboard park near the Copacabana Surf Club. They will love this experience. At the same time hang-out with the younger children in the adjacent children’s play-ground. Then take them all to enjoy an ice-cream at Copa Waves. After this take a trip to the rock pool or, finally, a walk around the lagoon to feed the ducks. The Copacabana beach is Patrolled. Therefore children can safely enjoy great surfing, fishing and snorkeling in protected areas. Alternatively, swim or play in the lagoon. Because here the water is mostly shallow it tends to be comfortably warm. Simply playing on the beach and building sand castles is a further alternative. There are specified areas around the Lagoon and Beach which are Pet Friendly (some areas free, others on a leash).
Other Things to Do around Copa Beachside for Family Holidays.
Copacabana Things to Do is a more complete review of Copacabana and Central Coast attractions. A must read to plan for your very best holiday.
Take a morning walk from Copa Beachside up the steep hill to the Captain Cook Lookout? Read extracts from Captain Cook’s logbook on his travels in the area. Look for migrating whales from this vantage area (during the migrations around June/July).
Stoll through trails to secluded beaches in the Bouddi National Park for a good nature “fix”. Also enjoy appealing views from high rock ledges and deserted beaches.
Do you experience golf withdrawal symptoms? Solve your problem by playing the excellent courses at Gosford and Woy Woy. Why not also visit the driving range at Kincumber – perhaps add on a lesson from Lee Akers (very highly recommended)!
Driving and Ferries
See lots of interesting sights while travelling along the coastline by car. Visit Killcare, see the Arboretum at Pearl Beach or just wander tucked away bays.
Get out of the sun by taking a ferry ride. The hourly ferry service from Ettalong or Wagstaff is a bliss. It’s rather fun to catch the ferry from Wagstaff to Palm Beach and do a “gal’s” spot of shopping. Alternatively take a ride on the Riverboat Postman.
Follow the Arts
Visit the Gosford Regional Gallery at East Gosford. It is a good distraction because of both the art and very nice Japanese Gardens. Artists on the 5 lands Trail open their Studios to interested visitors.
The coffee shop at the Surf Club – Artie’s Place serves excellent light meals as does Copacinno’s. Lady Pizza should not be passed up. Enjoy a craft beer while eating an excellent Pizza. You can reach many more restaurants with only a 5 -10 mins drive to Avoca and Terrigal. Fisherman’s Wharf at Woy Woy is an award winning Central Coast Icon and consequently it is good for seafood. Elect to dine indoors in the licenced restaurant otherwise eat more cheaply in the outdoor Kiosk. Watch the Pelican feeding times for quite a spectacle. More upmarket dining for that special occasion is available at Bells (Killcare) and at the renovated Boathouse Hotel Patonga.
Go to the Movies at Avoca, Ettalong or Erina Fair. You must visit the famous, restored Avoca Theatre.
National Parks – where you can have a different walk every day.
Brisbane Waters – is a great place for Boating
Reptile Park is situated at Somersby or travel to Glenworth Valley.
Explore the Wildlife Sanctuary situated at Calga
A visit to Tree-Tops near Wyong is an unforgettable experience.
More local information on Copacabana Beach is available on This Link.
Seasonal Rates at Copa Beachside.
Normal Rates: $264/night except Fri/Sat at $500/night.
See Calendar for High Season Charges at Copa Beachside for Family Holidays:
MANAGEMENT OF “Copa Beachside Family Holidays” IS AUSTRALIAN. PAYMENTS TO OVERSEAS ACCOUNTS ARE NEVER REQUESTED.